SGC freely maintains and will distribute public datasets for two EM test ranges in Western Australia.
The data may be used for the following applications:
Data will be supplied on request via Contact Us.
SGC supplies dataset for two EM test ranges: Forrestania & Nepean.
- 85km east of Hyden
- Key targets include a shallow (<100m) and deep (300-400m) sulphide conductors.
- Known AEM surveys are: VTEM(2007)m, ZTEM(2010), HELITEM (2011), VTEM-max (2011)
- Known Ground EM surveys are: FLTEM coil and HT squid, MLTEM coil and fluxgate, DHEM (coil),
- Fixed Loop SAMSON Total Field
- 25km south of Coolgardie (60km from Kalgoorlie)
- Key targets include several shallow (90m) subvertical sulphide conductors
- Know AEM surveys are: Hoistem(2004),VTEM(2007),Heligeotem(2008), Aerotem (Jan 2009,
September 2010), XTEM (2009), VTEM (2011)
- Known Ground EM surveys are: MLTEM (coil & Fluxgate), DHTEM (coil)
- Forrestania Test Range Description & Data
- Nepean Test Range Description & Data
In addition there are other test ranges/lines in WA such as the Kauring Gravity range described by
Geoscience Australia www.ga.gov.au
The targets are different and cover ground typical of the WA Goldfields.
The sites have discrete small sulphide orebodies which are particularly useful for systems used in
base metal exploration than must detect deep conductors in a conductive earth. They have been
surveyed by a different mix of systems.
Click below for more information: